Where are you located?
Classes are held at Ballet Fusion Fitness. It is located at 2655 West Guadalupe Road, on the south side of the street just East of the 101 freeway. Look for the Ballet Fusion Fitness sign when you enter the parking lot as we are renting space from them. Get Directions >>
What are your payment policies?
Full payment is due at registration. Price will be prorated if joining after the first class. No refunds or make-up classes are available.
A $20 registration fee (per family) and the first month tuition payment is due at registration. Tuition will be prorated for mid-month enrollment.
Tuition is based on the entire school year (36 classes) and paid in monthly installments. It is the same regardless of how many weeks/classes are in the month. Credits are not given for absences or holidays.
All families are required to have a valid credit card on file (except for pay in full – see discounts). Tuition will be processed between the 1st and 3rd of each month through our automated payment system. Cash/checks are not accepted.
Parents are responsible for updates to payment information. Declined payments will result in a $15 fee. Tuition and fee must be paid by the 10th to avoid a $20 late fee. The student will be dropped from the program if tuition and fees are not paid by the 20th the of the month.
All tuition paid is non-refundable.
Do you offer discounts?
The following discounts are available:
- Sibling: 10% off additional children (highest tuition is full-price).
- 10% discount for Public Safety, Teachers, and Military.
- Multi-Class Enrollments (Ballet Program Only): 10% off additional classes (highest tuition is full-price).
- Pay in Full (Ballet & Teen Programs Only): 10% off for Year Paid in Full (10 months) or 5% off for Semester Paid in Full (5 months).
- Discounts cannot be combined.
Can my child take a free trial class?
We allow one free trial, space permitting, in Discover with Me! classes. For all other classes we offer a one-time trial for $10. No commitment. If you enroll on the day of the trial, the cost of the class is credited towards tuition. Trial classes can be booked through our online registration system.
Do you allow drop-in students?
A child cannot learn if they are not in class regularly. However, space permitting we do allow drop-ins. The price is $20 for all classes 60 minutes or less and $25 for all 90 minute classes.
Is there a dress code?
Yes. Dress codes help minimize distraction during classes. Furthermore, the physical transition of changing into special dance clothes helps the student mentally prepare to focus and assists in learning. Dress code information can be found HERE.
What’s a ballet bun and how do I manage my child’s hair?
A ballet bun is a classical hairstyle used by dancers that serves both a functional and aesthetic purpose. It keeps the hair secure and away from the face and provides a clean line. The hair is first secured in a ponytail and is then wrapped around in a coil around the ponytail and secured with bobby pins. You can watch this quick tutorial for help with bun-making technique!
How early should we arrive? Can I leave during class?
- Please check-in at the front desk when you arrive and check-out upon leaving.
- Students should arrive at the studio 5-10 minutes before class starts. It is distracting for students and disrespectful to the teacher when a dancer enters the room late.
- Please have younger children use the restroom before class.
- Children cannot be in the lobby unattended. We are responsible for your children during class time; however, you are responsible for their behavior and safety before and after class. No running in the building.
- Caregivers for young children should plan on staying in the lobby during class. Caregivers of older children may leave during class time but should return 5 minutes before class ends.
- Please be prompt for pick-up of your dancer. If a staff member must stay late to attend to your child, you may be charged $1/minute after a 5-minute grace period.
What is your attendance and make-up policy?
When you register for a class you are reserving a child’s place in class, NOT THEIR ATTENDANCE. We are not responsible for your child’s attendance and tuition is not prorated for missed classes.
- No makes-ups available for absences.
- If we need to cancel a class a make-up day will be scheduled.
Ballet & Teen Programs:
- Tuition reserves your child’s spot in class for your month you have paid. We cannot be responsible for missed classes.
- Absences must be reported HERE before start of class time to be eligible for a make-up.
- We allow 1 make-up classes per calendar month for students taking 1 class per week and 2 make-up classes per calendar month for students taking 2 or more classes per week. Make-ups must be completed within 30 days of the original absence. If you schedule a make-up class and miss that class, you will NOT be given a make-up for your missed make-up class. Student must be currently enrolled in a class and billing account in good standing to be eligible to do make-ups.
- Make-ups must be pre-scheduled. If you just show up, we cannot guarantee a spot will be available.
How do I withdrawal my child from classes?
Students are enrolled through the end of the school year unless you notify us otherwise.
If you would like to drop a class, please submit a the withdrawal form found HERE. Notification must be 14 days prior to the 1st of the month to stop payment and withdrawal for the following month. There are no refunds or credits given. If you drop and later re-enroll, the current registration fee and tuition rates will apply.
Do you have waitlists for classes that are full?
Each class has a maximum limit and will be closed to registration once filled. A wait list will be started and we will notify you if a spot comes available or another class is added. We reserve the right to cancel any class without a required minimum enrollment.
Do you have recitals?
We don’t have formal recitals requiring purchase of costumes, payment of recital fees, and extensive rehearsals.
The DiscoverDance Program and Teen Program do not have recitals or performances.
Dancers in the Ballet Program will have two opportunities to perform:
- In December: During the last class of the month, dancers will perform a short dance for their caregivers during class time (space is limited – 2 observers per student).
- In May: An informal in-studio showcase is scheduled for family and caregivers. The students will perform a short choreographed piece and celebrate the end of the school year with refreshments (space is limited – 4 observers per student). This will take place on a Saturday afternoon in May, stay tuned for date and times.
If you have a question you cannot find the answer to please don’t hesitate to contact us!